Wednesday 25 May 2011

Crescent Skirt no 1

Let’s have a closer look at this new skirt of mine, shall we? I stumbled upon a post of another not pear-shaped blogger yesterday that pretty much said all I could have said on the subject. I, too, wondered about how it would fit on a rectangular figure. But it does. This is view A, so it doesn’t flare out too much. I have a view C underway, too, and that one might make me look a lot larger than I am (more length, more flare) or maybe not, we’ll see about that soon.



I do love the pockets. Sometimes all I need to go out is my keys and a handkerchief.  With my pocket-less A-line skirts I am obliged to take a bag. I learned a ton of new-to-me techniques and the sew-along posts over at sewaholic do explain everything so very well. I tried to jump ahead at one point, but I would not have managed the zipper insertion (everyone says it’s a super clever way, but I have limited zipper experience, so I can’t really tell) without the sew-along posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment