Monday 23 May 2011

Hi there, I am new.

Hello everyone!

So, I gave in and got myself a sewing blog. Not that I think the world needs another sewing blog, not another of the kind I can write anyway. But I do want to participate in the online sewing community and the sewing wasn’t really fitting into my other blog. Also, they don’t (yet) have some kind of Ravelry (I know about burdastyle, patternreview and such, but that’s not really the same thing). Therefore, if you want to participate in sew-alongs, me-made challenges etc. and can’t give a blog address, well… you kind of feel left out.
I first started sewing a little over 2 years ago and I am just starting to make garments for myself. I have a Brother XL-2600 and a Bernina 1150MDA serger. Besides myself I have 3 little ones to sew for. I am not going to show you everything I’ve sewn so far now, but what about a couple of highlights?
My first encounter with Liberty fabrics.

First attempt at redrafting a simple pattern.

First time being proud of pretty details:
Also noteworthy, my discovery of clothkits:
And most recently (as in earlier today), making stuff for me that actually fits:
Crescent Skirt by sewaholic
I'll be back soon with more current sewing.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, just popped over from 'me made june' flickr group, and lured in by the fact that you're living in paris. Your skirt is so sweet, love the blue, love the birds and especially with a grey blouse. I think I might be buying that pattern now...thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you blogging again!

    ReplyDelete