Thursday 26 May 2011

Crescent Skirt no 2



I was working on 2 Crescent Skirts simultaneously. Now here’s the second one. Whilst the first (view A) fits perfectly, the 2nd (view C) has some problems.
After the muslin, cut in a size 10, I decided to take the waistband in by 1cm on each side (by sewing the seams with a 2cm seam allowance). This worked perfectly for my first skirt. But somehow, for the second I must have forgotten to do it. So now, it’s too wide. Also, apparently, I did not forget this alteration when sewing the waistband facing, so I ended up with a facing that didn’t match my waistband and had to cut and sew up another one.  At that point, for some reason, I thought the fit was ok. Otherwise I should have redone the waistband instead of the facing, even though it was already attached to the skirt.


As suspected the fullness of the skirt makes me look way larger than I am. This is emphasized by the fact that it just doesn’t sit right (too low because too wide). And I used the print upside down. I didn’t realize it had a direction after I was way into sewing up the skirt. Anyway… if I make another Crescent skirt, I will definitely go for version A again. But for now I am wondering if there’s a way to save this version….

No comments:

Post a Comment