Wednesday 8 June 2011

A Jeans Crescent Skirt


This is my third Crescent Skirt. I made a size 10 and took in the side seams by 1 cm on each side by sewing with a 2 cm seam allowance. I wish I had made it longer, but I had already cut it out when I experienced my first Crescent skirt in action. On the other hand, I only had a very small piece of this Jeans fabric and I probably couldn’t even have lengthened it. So for the hem, I folded over as little as possible and sewed bias binding on the inside. The facing is made with polka dot cotton, left-over from my Pendrell Blouse (which I am wearing with it in the pictures).
My machines are still in time-out (or is it me?). I finished this skirt just before the drama. I am not ready yet to face them, especially the serger. Next, I should get working on taking in my 2nd Crescent Skirt. And the knight is asking about his pants.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great in denim! The yoke styling is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Checking out some Crescent skirts. Love yours in denim. Great job!

    ReplyDelete