Friday 10 June 2011

Me Made June 6-10

Day 6: My stripy Lydia T-shirt. I love this one despite its flaws. Everyone is always complementing on the contrasting cuffs and hem, but the thing is, I only did those because the whole thing was too short otherwise.

Day 7: My second Lydia T-shirt which I lengthened considerably. What do we learn from this and yesterday? It looks actually a lot better when it ends right at my hips, don’t you agree?

Day 8: I started this cardigan at the end of Me-Made-March because I was really craving some more colour. For some reason, I was particularly drawn to Yellow, I absolutely needed a yellow cardigan! And I think it was a good idea. The pattern is Minimalist Cardigan by Ruthie Nussbaum from Interweave Knits, Fall 2007, modified for a bigger gauge. Underneath I am wearing my polka dot Pendrell Blouse. This is the first outfit (apart maybe from day 6) that really screams *me* (if you know what I mean).

Day 9: Same blouse as yesterday, nothing new about it. I had to get up really early and could not be bothered to search for something else.

Day 10: It was gloomy and rainy and cold this morning, I felt like having a hot cup of tea and knitting something in my first Pendrell Blouse. This was kind of my muslin, I didn’t make any changes to the pattern. That means it only fits well in the shoulders, all the rest is too wide and too long.

1 comment:

  1. cute cute cute outfits!! i have to agree with you, i think the shorter lydia looks better. but i understand the comfort level of the longer one as well. i have to admit, i adore the yellow outfit (and i don't usually like yellow!)

    ReplyDelete